In the real estate business, there’s a wide spectrum of agents, from the novice to the veteran, the part-time to the dedicated, the traditional to the innovative, and the poor agent to the rich agent. And, every agent and brokerage seems to have slightly different strategy for marketing, advertising, converting leads, and maintaining relationships.
But, what are the country’s most successful real estate professionals doing that set them apart in their business?
ActiveRainrecently did an extensive survey of real estate professionals around the country and made some important discoveries about what the most successful real estate agents are doing differently.
First, how do we define a poor agent? He or she is someone who makes less than $35,000 per year in the real estate industry. The rich agent is someone who earns more than $100,000 per year.
The most significant discovery that ActiveRain uncovered in their research is this: rich agents spend six times more on technology and 10 times more on marketing than their colleagues.
In addition, did you know:
- Rich Agents are 54% more likely to use an IDX website with listings. A personalized, consumer-facing website strengthens your brand and captures leads, all without leading potential clients away from your site.
- Rich Agents are 153% more likely to use an advertising assistant. The most successful agents let technology be their assistant. Streamlined Craigslist posting, automatic listing alerts, and email marketing campaigns do the heavy lifting while you concentrate on more pressing business matters.
- Rich Agents are 175% more likely to use Internet advertising. Online advertising targets qualified leads and delivers them right to you. Save time and money by making technology do the work.
- Rich Agents are 35% more likely to blog. Open an interactive conversation with prospects and clients, while developing your reputation as a real estate expert.
How many of these thing strategies do you currently utilize? Take Market Leader’s Rich Agent Poor Agent Self Test today and see how you stack up with industry leaders.
After you’ve taken the Self Test, download our Rich Agent Poor Agent Checklist. This handy guide includes additional results from the ActiveRain survey and offers tips on how Market Leader can help you implement Rich Agent strategies to improve your business success.
Visit Market Leader at the RETSO Real Estate Technology Conference and join the rich Doers.
Market Leader is a proud sponsor of the upcoming RETSO, April 12 and 13, 2012 in North Atlanta, GA. The annual event is an opportunity for the real estate industry’s brightest minds, most innovative companies, and greatest doers to share ideas and knowledge to help improve agents, brokers, vendors, partners, and the industry.
Join me, Jack Markham,as I share the technology secrets of what top agents are doing to stay at the top of their game as a rich real estate agent.
Success Profiles: What Top Agents Do to Stay #1
Thursday, April 12
11:30 AM – 11:55 AM @ Galaxy
You are invited to Market Leader’s seminar, “Technology Secrets of Rich Agents…Revealed,” at the RETSO conference to find out how innovative technology can make today’s doers thrive. During this session, I’ll hone in on the critical tools agents need to become rich in the competitive market.
Be a rich real estate doer today.
Stay ahead of your real estate business by connecting with Market Leader!
- Follow our Market Leader blog for upcoming posts on tips and tricks to drive greater success in your real estate business, including how to generate more leads and more.
- Subscribe to our monthly Market Leader Newsletter to receive the latest updates on industry trends, real estate marketing and technology information.
- Contact Market Leader to learn how our real estate technology solutions, such as Professional and Business Suite, can help grow your business.