The importance of making a good first impression is a highly regarded principle in our society. Whether you’re making social connections at a party, interviewing for a new job, meeting colleagues at a networking event, or heading out on a first date with a potential romantic partner, first impressions set the tone for future encounters.
But if you want to know how to sell real estate effectively, be aware that first impressions are more than just important—they’re crucial to your success.
Did you know that 96% of Internet homebuyers expect a real estate agent to contact them within four hours of their online inquiry?*
Or, that the first real estate agent to respond to a lead increases conversion 238%?*
Whether you’re relatively new to the real estate industry or you’re a seasoned veteran, there’s always room to improve upon your first contact strategy and ultimately sell more real estate than your competitors.
Market Leader’s newest white paper, “Making a Lasting First Impression: Your First Contact Strategy” explores best practices for real estate professionals on not only what you say, but how you say it.
Learn how to sell real estate by making a great first impression. Download our FREE white paper today for tips including:
- Prove your value from the very beginning. Before you contact a lead, have all relevant information in front of you. Prove your value and expertise from the very first conversation. Leave your lead with information he or she didn’t have before the call—market trends, school district information, a listing detail, or other valuable materials.
- Consider that there may be multiple decision makers. In most real estate transactions, there are multiple people tasked with making a decision, whether it’s a couple, family members, parents helping their child buy a first home, or friends buying a vacation property together. Make sure you know who is involved so that you don’t overlook important parties.
- Pick up the phone whenever possible. Unless you are with a client, don’t let a call go to your voice mail. Many consumers won’t leave you a message, and will move on to another agent if you don’t answer their call right away.
Industry-wide, 67% of leads go entirely unanswered. That means there is a huge opportunity for you to not only have the first shot at converting a lead, but to prove your value and develop the relationship from the very first moment.
Learn what it takes to set yourself apart from the competition and how to sell real estate with help from Market Leader. Download this FREE white paper today.
Stay ahead of your real estate business by connecting with Market Leader!
- Follow our Market Leader blog for upcoming posts on tips and tricks to drive greater success in your real estate business, including how to generate more leads and more.
- Subscribe to our monthly Market Leader Newsletter to receive the latest updates on industry trends, real estate marketing and technology information.
- Contact Market Leader to learn how our real estate technology solutions, such as Professional and Business Suite, can help grow your business.
*Survey conducted by California Association of Realtors, quoted in idxcentral.com The Insider, Increase Your Lead Response Time